Friday, May 16, 2008

Best Cuban in Miami

When it comes to eating out, my friends and family always ask me for the best fill in the blank restaurant. So when it comes to the Best Cuban...

Casa Larios (the original on Flagler Street) is as good as Cuban gets in Miami, and let's face it, this is the world capital of Cuban food. I like Larios because it is not your typical Cuban greasy spoon, but rather a step above the rest, maybe even a bit gourmet at times. Try the tostones rellenos, baby filet, pollo a la parilla, vaca frita, and of course, black beans, white rice and sweet plantains – they go with everything. Wash things off with a cortadito for desert. Warning: You WILL smell like your what you ate the minute you walk out, AND you may need to take a nap after your meal, BUT that’s just a sign that it’s the real thing.


Here's a shocker, my next recommendation is in Deerfield Beach. My boyfriend introduced me to Little Havana several years ago, and I can remember my arrogant reaction. Boy did I have to eat my words, and they were good. The food is as good as you Abuela made at home, their sangria is excellent, and the prices are a bargain. If you've never heard of this place don’t feel bad, butif you are round these parts and want to get back to your roots, you cant go wrong with Little Havana.

No comments: